Open Security & Safety Alliance at GSX 2021 Orlando
“Driven by OSSA” Hardware on Display
The Open Security & Safety Alliance (OSSA®), an industry body comprised of stakeholders from all facets within the security, safety and building automation space, is proud to have member companies from around the world represented at GSX 2021 later this month.
OSSA member companies embrace the Alliance’s philosophy to open up the safety and security category. Within OSSA, (device and component) manufacturers, (VMS) software developers, system integrators, SoC manufacturers and app developers are working together to solve common industry issues, therewith enabling innovation and increasing market and business opportunities.
This results in the formation of a virtually frictionless, platform-based Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem where harmonized, open, and trustworthy devices allow for flexible and fit-for-purpose add-on innovation from third parties.
Industry leaders already are bringing to market “Driven by OSSA” devices, which can be seamlessly used in combination with third-party software applications through an online app store by OSSA member company Security & Safety Things. This forum is one of several building blocks of IoT infrastructure specified by OSSA – in support of uniting demand and supply in this open market.
Stop by the following (founding) member booths at GSX 2021 to see and discuss OSSA-inspired technologies:
- Founding member Bosch Building Technologies – Booth 1315: Experience some of the first “Driven by OSSA” products based on the INTEOX open camera platform. Read the announcement here.
- Founding member Hanwha Techwin – Booth 1641: Powerful security camera and surveillance solutions that evolve with customer needs.
- Member Johnson Controls Security Products – Booth 1541: Reimagining the performance of buildings to serve people, places and the planet.
- Founding member Milestone Systems – Booth 1133: Enabling an open platform community to ensure safety, protect assets and increase business efficiency.
- Member Prosegur – Booth 2141: Helping companies large and small solve security challenges through surveillance video systems, remote monitoring and cybersecurity services.
September 27-29, 2021
Orlando, Florida - U.S.A.
If you will be at the show, let’s connect to exchange thoughts on together enabling innovation and how OSSA member companies are working alongside each other to take an active role in shaping the security and safety market through open systems. Or, if you prefer to meet virtually, please schedule an appointment with us here.
To learn more about OSSA membership and the benefits of getting involved with other companies charting the market’s future, follow the Alliance’s activities here.
About the Open Security & Safety Alliance
The Open Security & Safety Alliance is a collaboration initiative that brings together like-minded organizations in order to create a framework providing standards and specifications for common components including an operating system, IoT infrastructure, collective approach for data security and privacy, and a drive for improved levels of performance for security and safety solutions. This will help the market and parties involved to focus on the aspects that really add value for their customers and open up new application possibilities, even beyond security and safety. For more information, visit www.opensecurityandsafetyalliance.org.
Heather Chesterman, PR Director
Open Security & Safety Alliance